We are always looking for new contributors to extend the pool of writers, add to the dialogue and respond to a range of art forms. Opportunities await writers wishing to contribute to WriteResponse.
If you are interested in sharing your thoughts and responses to all the arts; music, literature, theatre, film and visual arts please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0439 262 344
Our Approach...We aim to write respectfully about what we experience. It's about adding to the dialogue. The write response group have identified that they want the blog to include articles and reviews on artists and performers, the visual arts, music, literature, performance, essays and events. They also want the blog to be civil, respectful, and accessible. A forum for developing interesting and excellent writing that is of high quality, valuable for artists and readers alike and most importantly independent.
How to apply?
Send through 2 examples of your writing to the above email address. They should be no more than 300 words each
Benefits for contributing writers include:
- Access to free tickets, when available, where companies and theatres provide comp tickets for WriteResponse writers
- Contact with a network of Tasmanian writers
- Access to workshops and other related opportunities
- A flexible, inspiring and supportive writing program
- Opportunity to be part of funded writing trips to festivals and other art and cultural events
- Potential to attract commissioned work through exposure on the blog
- Opportunity to build a writing portfolio
- Opportunity to contribute to the arts and cultural dialogue in Tasmania- Membership to the Tasmanian Writers Centre via the WriteResponse organisational membership including access to the e-newsletter, workshop discounts and more.
- Access to mentoring and support from the WR team